Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Yin & Yang!

Happy Monday everyone!  Welcome to Inspire Me Monday.  I’m your hostess Allison Cope!  I hope you’re all having an amazing summer.  My family and I are off on vacation this week to do a little camping together.  Before we know it, our son will be “too old” to go camping with his parents!

Today I’m sharing a fun tutorial on how I made what I’m calling “Yin & Yang” cards.  Trust me it’s SUPER simple!
In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang (also yinyang or yin yang) describe how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.

So grab something refreshing to drink and join me at my scrappy desk to see how my fun cards are made...
To see the video in HD, click here.

I’m so glad you could join me today.  Here’s a quick review of all the cards…

The cards we made today feature the glorious “Vibrant Thanks” stamp set.


My other example cards include this pair made using the “Tree of Life” stamp set.

And my final set of cards features the “Dahlia XL” stamp set and sentiment from the “Pure Prairie Spirit” collection.




So what do you think?  Is this the kind of card you’d like to attempt making on your next adventure in your crafty world?  I sure hope so!

I made a very similar card last year using the gorgeously detailed stamp set "Lilac Time".  You can see that card right HERE on my blog.

Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping by.   I’d love to hear what you think and give that video a quick “thumbs up”.

~ Allison Cope ~



Tree of Life Cards
Stamps: Power Poppy (Tree of Life)
Cardstock: Recollections (110# Medium Light Cloud), Simon Says Stamp (Black, Apple Green)

Embossing Powder: Ranger Adirondack (Lettuce),  Stamp n’Stuff (Detail Black)
Dies: Simon Says Stamp (Stitched Rectangles), Catherine Pooler Designs (Circles)
Ink: Versamark  


Hey There Dahlia Cards
Stamps: Power Poppy (Dahlia XL, Pure Prairie Spirit)
Cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp (Audrey Blue, Fog Grey)

Dies: Spellbinders (Labels 28), Studio Katia (Stitched Loops)
Ink: Catherine Pooler Designs (It’s a Boy), Versafine (Onyx Black), Copic Markers (N0, N1)


Hi Friend Cards
Stamps: Power Poppy (Vibrant Thanks)
Cardstock:  My Favorite Things (Pure Plum), Strathmore (Watercolor Paper), DCWV (Gold Foiled Cardstock)

Embossing Powder:  Recollections (Detail Gold)
Ink: Versamark, FineTec Pearlescent Colours

Dies: Lawn Fawn (Stitched Rectangles)

5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow! What a really fun Inspire Me Monday tutorial, Ally! You continue to inspire in a different way every time! I loved the video and really love the cards! Now you've got me thinking about how to use this technique! What FUN!! You rock, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

Berina RGA said...

Wow!! These cards are pretty Ally. I sure want to try them out!

Joy, USA said...

What great cards! Awe inspiring and intimidating. But with your video I might manage to put out something decent!

janecrisci said...

I love this Vibrant Thanks card. Such a great idea!!

Marcella Hawley said...

Once again — YOU ASTOUND!! What a cool tutorial — what a mind-blowing concept to work this way. I love your creative cards and love that you are sharing ideas that will really get people thinking of new ways to work. You're a gem, Ally, thank you!!