Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Tips For Using SHARPIE Markers


Hello Everyone! It's Kathy Racoosin here and I am super excited today...  for two reasons ... 


One because it's the first day of "The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge" AND because I am using an absolutely stunning illustration from Marcella!! 
It's breathtaking!! It's beautiful and most importantly it's FUN to color!! 


If you are saying what the heck is this coloring challenge thing lol you can read this post here. I also wanted to thank sweet and lovely Julie for listing the challenge in her Good Vibe 5 post here



Some of the talented ladies on the Power Poppy team will be coloring this magnificent digital stamp today as well (full list at the bottom of the post) and I am telling you I can't wait to see what everyone does and I know it will inspire us! Woo Hooooo! 



Today I have a video for you and I hope you will watch it because my coloring is with SHARPIE MARKERS and a few other odd markers that I found in my studio.  I often hear that so many of you don't have "fancy markers" or can't afford alcohol markers so I wanted to give you a few tips to use some alternative markers that you might have. 


This beautiful illustration would be even prettier on bright white paper. I used regular ol' copy paper and just a regular printer for my digital image. Yes we do have printer problems in our house I just can't bear to add another printer to the landfills. BUT, that's part of the point you can color on regular copy paper printed from a regular printer. Yay!

If you like softer more abstract kinda art ... flip your coloring over for a completely different look. 


If you don't have a lot of alcohol markers you can round out your palette with other markers. Don't be shy about switching things up. The majority of my coloring today is with lines and  more lines. 


Adding a few shadows with two copics and that's it the rest was Sharpie markers, a few Bic and some odds and ends. 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and I hope that you might consider playing along with us for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge. Don't forget you can jump in or out but, I try to encourage you to find 10 minutes a day for some "you" time. Have a great day! 

Hugs, Kathy 
-----------

Hello, friends, it’s Marcella here!

I am chiming in at the end of Kathy’s BEAUTIFUL post to share that we are all so excited about the launch of the newest installment of the Coloring Challenge, along with debuting Rosé All Day


Drop in with our Bloomies & Gardeners to see their rosy works-in-progress coming to life, on their blogs and on Instagram today:


ENJOY THIS DAY, what a gift it is. xoxo, ~marcella

8 comments:

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! This is stunning!!! I LOVE that new stamp!!

Berina RGA said...

Such a fabulous digi! I love those flowers. Beautiful coloring by Kathy! I love the colors. Now off to see the video.

Helen said...

This is a great new digital design. What I've seen so far on the hop around the blogs is delightful. Like the pencil included in the bouquet. tfs

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s such a beautiful coloring job !
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Maria Rodriguez said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe that this amazing coloring can be achieved with Sharpies!! You did a magnificent job using just the colors you had available.
Now I need to get me some of this fabulous markers.
Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Mrsfish02 said...

This is so wonderful. Love how Kathy chose to color this lovely rose. I am always amazed when she works her magic with sharpness......glad to know Marcella will be well in no time. Thanks to today's technology. Praise God and speedy recovery.

Elizabeth C. said...

I just bought the digital Rose all day and inked it. How do i share it with you and others?

CherylQuilts said...

First of all, this is one GORGEOUS image with so many beautiful elements and flowers! WOW! I love how Kathy used plain copy paper and colored this so beautifully! And I love all the beautiful work from the gals! Can hardly wait to see more! Warm hugs, all! xoxo